Monday, September 26, 2011

Five Minutes of Reflection #2

  • The gym will be my saving grace. While I'm generally not a fan of extreme physical exertion, it has done wonders for my stress level and my energy level. Nothing like exchanging mental anguish and pain (I exaggerate) for physical pain!
    How I feel when 900 dudes peak outside my window and stand in my classroom.


  • Oddly enough, I'm getting used to the "Fish Bowl Phenomenon". Just like the fish in a tank get used to the folks tapping the glass, I am too. In fact, I don't mind it so much anymore, though I did last week, when I decided to teach in silence one period in response to misbehavior. Oh, well. We never know what Ms. Insane will do next!
  • Teaching Fail of the Month
  • By far, the dumbest thing I've done in awhile was "trying to be cute" today. I thought because we had "special guests" at the school today, I would be a little dressier than usual...which would include actual adult heels. Big. Freaking. Mistake. As I type this, my feet are propped up. Teachers wear flats (and are frequent patients of podiatrists) for a reason. EPIC FAIL, Ms. Insane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment