Monday, March 11, 2013

Follow-Up to Yesterday's Blog Post

I'm sure that scared some folks out there who read yesterday's post. My sanity was rightly questioned. Hell, I'm questioning it myself, even today. 
File:Justin Timberlake album.jpg
Streaming this on iTunes now...So far, it's worth the wait!

However, what a difference a good night of sleep + a few moments of empathy + one kick-ass step class later can do for one's mindset. The questions I raised at the end of the post still stand. I want to know how one can get things done for our kids while maintaining personally and professionally. I'm working on it, and I'm certainly in a better place than I was last year on all accounts. Yet, I can do better, and more importantly, I want to do better. But...I accept that this won't happened overnight, and I won't learn how to do it after one magically, non-imaginary conversation. Time it is, then!

Moving on...as for the other major theme: FAILURE. I still think that this school year has sucked. However, as I was reminder from someone who can understand what it is to be a grade-level chair, we can't control everything. What matters is that we go hard on what we can control. I can control my classroom; I can control how I interact with the kids, and I can control how I respond to my team members who are and are not doing what they need. What they do beyond that...well, that's above my pay grade :) I can only trust that my administrative team is handling things from there. 

Long story short, I'm in a better place than I was yesterday. I have an idea or two on how I can salvage the year for myself and for the kids. Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment